Search This Blog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Monday, May 3, 2010

Labels




Communication between a butch and I in a mobile chat room sometime ago:
(semi-Jamaican creole the complete English is below)

user: "every butch to a fem and every fem to a butch"
me: "why yuh seh dat?"
user:"cause wen all di fen den gone to fem wah unu lef di butch dem fi do? butch to butch! bullet!

lol. I almost always hear a butch say butch to butch wrong afta mi a noh batty man! now now, homophobes within our own lesbian community, not that there isn't lesbophobe from the men.

But come on people, the same phobia and discrimination we fighting from wider society is the same thing we fighting within our own community the place that should be our safe place. Its sad to see it.

I'm without label and I guess a staunch butch-fem person would have a prob with me. But underneath all the clothing whether its butch clothing or fem clothing, there is a woman don't it? Isn't lesbianism woman loving woman? Why the labels?

I don't care if its two (or more) fems, butches, tom bois, no-labels, or the other labels out there. A lesbian is a lesbian all this bun fire and bullet is nonsense that divides a community that should unite so as to be stronger from attack we are under from the outside, instead we seem to have the attack from both within and without.


English version:

Communication between a butch and I in a mobile chat room sometime ago:

user: "every butch (stud) to a femme and likewise every femme to a butch
me: "why do you say that?"
user: "because when all of the femmes get in relationships with each other, what do the femmes leave the butches to do, have relationships with each other? Gunshot! That's wrong"



I almost always hear butches (studs) saying that it is wrong for butches to date each other for then that would make them gay/homosexuals. Why is there homophobia within the lesbian community? Mind you I am aware of lesbophobia from the guys.

Come on people, the phobia and discrimination that we're fighting from the wider society is that same thing that we have to be fighting within our community which should be our safe place. It's sad.

I'm without label and I guess a staunch butch-femme person would have a problem with me. But underneath all the clothing whether its butch clothing or femme clothing, there is a woman, isn't there? Isn't lesbianism woman loving woman? Why the labels?

It isn't my place to bother with the business of others; if it's two (or more(though I believe in monogamy)) femmes, butches, tom bois, no-labels, or the other labels out there. A lesbian is a lesbian, this violence (figuratively or otherwise) is nonsense that divides a community that should unite so as to be stronger from the attack we are under from the outside, instead we seem to have the attack from both within and without.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What needs do the community have that have been left unattended or barely attended to?
Directory of doctors and medical personnel
Support for young LGBTIs
Homelessness
Other
  
pollcode.com free polls